Sunday, June 6, 2010

A new Journey

Let me introduce myself. I am married, we have zero children, two dogs (a pug and a retriever), four cats (three orange tabbies and a black cat), and two horses (Morgan mares...both of em). We live on a small hobby farm just outside of Monroe Michigan.

I love to work with my hands and see the fruits of my labor. I spent years restoring and protecting natural habitats throughout the Colorado front range. Then I went back to school, earned two college degrees (and B.S. degree and an MBA) and a graduate certificate. I have spent the past decade working in corporate America managing supply chains for retailers and agriculture companies. My wife is an Opera singer. She is getting her graduate degree in Vocal performance at Eastern Michigan University (EMU). She is the reason that we are in Michigan.

Six months ago, we set our current situation in motion. We put our house in Colorado on the market (it sold in a day), my wife (The Diva) auditioned at EMU (and was accepted), and we started packing. Three months ago, we put an offer in on a house and we closed a month ago. Three weeks ago, I quit my job, we drove across the country, and we officially became Michigan residents. God brought every piece of this move together and we praise Him for all that He has done for us.

I tend to be self reliant and take the initiative in all aspects of my life. Now I am jobless and have to rely on God to provide. It is a new experience and strangely comforting.

I like to canoe, hike, golf, cook, read, work with wood, play video games and surf the internet. I love God, my wife, my pug, and food. Now that we are on a hobby farm, I plan to explore gardening, raising chickens (and other livestock), and hand crafting artisan foods (beer, bread, cheese and other tasty foods).

The purpose of this blog is document my journey as I explore Michigan, confront my regional biases, enjoy many new experiences, and introduce my new neighbors to a little bit of the Colorado high country.

No comments:

Post a Comment